Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Howdy

I reckon I'll link to another picture from my wonderful trip to the mountains this last weekend. The first part of our trip we cruised south from Asheville on the Blueridge Parkway. It's an area of the parkway I hadn't been on before so I really was enjoying the views. I took a big ole panaorama shot in the Looking Glass Rock area. It's the biggest panorama I've done yet with Autostitch. This picture is comprised of 23 individual photographs.

On Saturday we drove through Cherokee and went to Mingo Falls. I had snowed the night before so it was nice and nippy out and the light dusting of snow stayed on the ground until well past noon. Mingo Falls could not have been prettier. As we gazed at the fall a strong breeze would rise up now and then and blow snow out of trees and across the front of the falls. It was magical. Of course I took a panoramic shot of the falls.

By the way, the reason we went to these falls is because they were near where we were and they were given a beauty rating of ten by Kevin Adams in his North Carolina waterfall book. I can't say enough good things about Adams' book. I have used it before and the driving and hiking instructions are perfect and he desribes the waterfalls accurately. His book is indispensible when you are touring the North Carolina mountains.

No comments: