Friday, March 02, 2007

I love David Brin's blog

"The Crunch view was later pursued with fantastic quasi-theological passion by Frank Tipler is his amazing THE PHYSICS OF IMMORTALITY, in which he brought forward probably the most flamboyant and unabashed eschatology of all time... that the infrared radiation emitted by your own body, whenever you step outside, will someday all be collected by godlike descendants during the LAST WEEK of the universe and used to learn all about you! (And every other ancestor.) In order to resurrect you in effective (if totally subjective) immortality during the last few (objective) days of the cosmos, when computer-simulation power will supposedly be utterly limitless. Yipes!"

I really like how authors are bloggers. I only wish Isaac Asimov and Robert Heinlein had had this technology available to them. Imagine checking in on those two every day. How many books did Asimov write? 300? I bet he'd be good for a couple of thousand of words a day in his blog.

This screamed, "Blog post!"

Man, I wish I had thought of this.

No comments: