Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Video bowling in a retirement home

OK, if this article doesn't legitimize gaming in the library, I don't know what will. Well, I guess the amazing numbers they rack up for those gaming nights legitimizes gaming more than old people Wii bowling in Chicago. I've been thinking outlould recently that I thought the Nintendo people hit one out of the park when they undercut Microsoft and Sony and built a cheaper system that only played games instead of trying to be the core of your home entertainment system. I was leaning that way and became completely convinced when I talked to a gentleman who had brought his son in to participate in my most recent Madden tourney (which bombed by the way). He essentially said that there was no way he was going to spend $600 on a system his son was going to use in a small room upstairs that had been set aside for the kids. I'll bet this guy will be a Wii next Christmas and not a Playstation 3 or an Xbox 360. I think I may also.

In case you were wondering

Yes, Dick Cheney is still a scum sucking fear mongerer. This from ABC news: "Cheney also had harsh words for Democratic leaders, including Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi and Rep. Jack Murtha, D-Pa., who says he wants to stop the surge of more U.S. troops into Iraq.

Cheney said Pelosi and other Democrats were pushing a policy in Iraq that would "validate the al Qaeda strategy."

"I think if we were to do what Speaker Pelosi and Congressman Murtha are suggesting, all we'll do is validate the al Qaeda strategy," Cheney told ABC News.

"The al Qaeda strategy is to break the will of the American people, knowing they can't win in a stand-up fight, try to convince us to throw in the towel and come home and then they win because we quit," he said."

Toothless wussy-ass opposition to a failed war policy now validates the strategy of a group that has a small presence in the country they weren't in to begin with? He is a disgrace to his office.

No comments: