Monday, July 10, 2006

Howdy

What I did over my weekend:

1) First I went and saw the new Pirates of the Carribean movie. I laughed, I oohed and awed at some great special effects and I left satisfied. Not a great movie but a fun summer movie and it's going to make a gazillion dollars. There is one special effects moment where you see from shore the pirate ship, the Flying Dutchman go under the waves like a submarine. It looks incredible.

2) Almost wet myself laughing when I read that boring soccer is due to leftist policies. I recommend giving those jokers a looksee every now and then. They are part of that crowd that calls you a traitor if you don't believe the way they do. They butt-crazy but they fun.

3) Watched the final overtime segment of the final of the World Cup. Something does need to be done about world cup soccer. Scoring needs to increase. They don't need to go the way of the NBA but 5-4 or 3-2 would be nice. Of course, watching the World Cup finals you can't help but ask yourself, "Can your heart explode if you get head butted in the chest hard enough?" Another thing I noticed was how wild the crowd was. The noise was constant and you never were in any doubt as to how the majority felt about a particular play.

4) Woke up early Saturday to watch the women's finals at Wimbledon. I hadn't done that in a while. I enjoyed the match although I ended up rooting for the spunky Bulgarian who ended up losing.

More on the traitor baloney

I've seen the blogs where people are accusing print journalists of betraying their country merely because they are doing their jobs. They claim that the articles on torture and our surveilence threaten our security. My, how hard these people work on pissing away their own liberties. I've seen these articles and these articles give very little detail other than cerain programs exist. Using Babe Ruth here is an analogy of the amount of information given in the stories on domestic spying and the sifting of bank data as reported by the NY Times: "Babe Ruth hit a huge home run today." Here is what the right wing whack jobs want you to think is being reported: "Today, Yankee slugger Babe Ruth, batting in the number 4 spot in the line up hit a towering home run into the upper deck of right field late in the game, giving the Yankees a 3-1 lead which they did not relinquish."

No comments: