Thursday, July 20, 2006

Howdy

Last week I downloaded a Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young recording from their current tour. The last time Neil hooked up with his old friends I was less than enthused. I would much rather he had gotten back on the Horse and barnstormed across the country. This time I was less bothered by him hooking back up with the guys. I don't know why and I'm sure he don't care.

So far I have only listened to the first disc (of three!) and it's pretty good. There's a lot of energy and Neil plays some sick guitar solos on a couple songs. What really caught me was how many songs they played off Young's new album "Living with War." The songs are good to begin with but with the harmony of the CSN&Y thrown in they really gather some strength. There is also a version of "Long Time Gone" sung by Crosby that is rreally fun to listen to. His voice sounds really strong.

Here is the song list from the first set:

Flags Of Freedom
Wooden Ships
Woodstock
Long Time Gone
Military Madness
Wounded World
After The Garden
Living With War
The Restless Consumer
Shock And Awe
They Want It All
Feed The People
Immigration Man
Families

Not too bad. After hearing this disc I thought I might want to drive down to Atlanta and see the show. Then I saw the ticket prices. Holy cow, they start at fifty and go up. You can't sit on the floor for less than $113. Tack on the Ticketmaster rapeage and you've got one expensive ticket. Highest price you can pay? $203. Do you get a massage with a happy ending for that price? Criminy. So, I won't be attending the CSN&Y show in Atlanta. Too bad, it probably would be fun.

The hit man

There's this really odd person who lives in my apartment building. He doesn't seem to work, he drives a BMW and never talks to anybody. He also wears sunglasses all the time. My neighbor across the hall thinks he's a serial killer. I think he either kills for the CIA or is a hit man. I mention this because he is here in the library, right now. If you never hear from me again you know what happened. I've loved all of you.

No comments: