Thursday, July 27, 2006

All dem faces

I always hate it when this happens and it happened yesterday. "It" is someone approaching me who knows who I am because I work at the 'brary. Especially yesterday with this elderly lady. She had just finished using the internet and used it successfully. She was either in my internet class or I helped her before. I don't know which because I can't remember. I don't know why it is but people's names and faces just flitter away from my little brain unless I see them almost every day. I don't want you to think I sit here all day in a stupor and can't identify or communicate with regular patrons. It's not like that. It just pains me to have a nice lady come up to me and be pleased as punch with her new abilities, new abilities I helped her gain, and I don't know her from Adam. Maybe someone else helped her and she's confused but I doubt it.

No comments: