Monday, June 05, 2006

Vacation

I've been on vacation for the last ten days. You may have noticed from the lack of postings that, not only was I on vacation from work, I took a break from the blogging thing. I've probably lost the five readers I do have because of that. But like, Troy has said before, keeping up with a blog can be a bit of a monster sometimes.

What I did on my late spring vacation:

1) Got some good sleeping in.
2) Didn't read enough. I don't know what's up with that.
3) Went to Target and bought a new fan and a small grill.
4) Saw the new X-man movie (not all that good, to be honest).
5) Watched the Pianist finally. That movie is pretty darn good. What was especially harrowing to me in that movie was the randomness of the killings of Jews in the Warsaw ghetto. Late night raids of homes and the pulling of men from formations after a day of forced labor.
6) Grilled out about four times. I had shrimp last night. Harris Teeter has shrimp on sale for $4.99 a pound right now. You can't eat much better for five bucks than that. The smoky flavor in the shrimp after grilling them is truly a treat.
7) Golfed twice.
8) Played croquet twice.
9) Read some of The Cold War by John Gaddis. I'm really enjoying it. You can't beat history written well.
10) Watched Memoirs of a Geisha on DVD. It had a good sountrack and we all agreed that it would have been better if it was less of a soap opera and showed us more of the day to day life of a geisha (which is what I expected).
11) Bought and played the Godfather game for the Xbox.
12) Watched a good bit of the NASCAR race at Dover.
13) Went and saw Lenny at the Comet Grill.
14) Watched Wendell consume a couple of martinis at Fairview Grill.
15) Played guitar one evening.
16) Spent a little too much money.

No comments: