Monday, June 12, 2006

Space, beautiful open space

Since I have lived in my current apartment for about 37 1/2 years now there seems to be less space available than before. For years there has been a cheap dining table sitting next to the back window that has functioned as a bulky plant stand. Saturday during a trip to Home Depot I bought a metal shelf kit for about thirty bucks. Put it together (no tools required, except for a mallet), broke the table into pieces, threw the pieces into the dumpster, slid the 72 inch high shelf next to the window and placed my plants on it. Woila, thirty plus feet of space free. Now I don't have to turn sideways to get past my bike and into the kitchen. If I can only get Wendell to throw that broken television in the dumpster then even more space will open up.

No comments: