Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Surround sound question

Those of you with surround sound have you noticed, or is it just me, that the surround on CBS in inferior than the surround on Fox? By inferior I mean CBS sounds like shit compared to Fox. I first noticed this during football season. During Football games on Fox you could almost feel the crowd surrounding you while on CBS most of sound came out of the center channel (this was most noticeable during the playoff game the Panthers played in Seattle when I really cranked it up). Yes, when watching CBS, I even tweaked the settings. I don't get it. Why should there be such a difference? The only reason I can think of is that the Fox network makes an effort to ensure their surround is superb while CBS doesn't really care.

Speaking of surround, HBO sounds fantastic. Each Sunday, when I watch the Sopranos, I crank it up and revel in the awesome surround provided by HBO.

No comments: