Friday, April 14, 2006

Adventures in ass-headedness

Yesterday while driving around during lunch my hand slip off my steering and smacked into my turn signal. I hit it so hard I almost snapped the plastic handle off the steering column. When I got off work at nine my battery was deader than a doornail. I looked down at my turn signal and the headlight switch was on. I must have turned it when my hit hit the turn signal.

I was able to flag down William and he agreed to give me a push so I could pop my clutch and drive off. We did it twice and the car wouldn't catch. William looked to be about to have a heart attack so he agreed to drive me home. All of this could have been avoided if I had a set of jumper cables.

A friend at work agreed to ask around today to see if anyone had set of jumper cables. Someone did and I walked the couple of miles to work this morning and we jump started my car. I took the long way to Pep Boys so I could charge up the battery. I arrived at Pep Boys, checked the battery charge, saw it was good and then walked inside and bought set of jumper cables for $12.99. I should have done that a year ago.

No comments: