Friday, March 17, 2006

Memory Lane Museum

Today I went to a racing museum off of exit 36 of I-77 in Moorseville. It's called Memory Lane. I first heard of it while watching a show on Speed Channel called Back in the Day. The show is just a rehashing of those old racing documentaries with Dale Earnhardt Jr. making a few comments before and after commercial breaks. During the ending credits the museum gets a credit so I thought I'd go check it out. The museum in amazing if you like NASCAR. There are several old classic stock cars on one side of the room. The other side is filled with old American cars. I've never seen so many Model-T's. One was from 1919 and the sign next to it claimed it was all original. It was beautiful. I've included a few shots I took today at the museum.

This be the front of the museum.


This is a car Bobby Allison drove in the early 1980's.


This car was driven by Cale Yarborough and was owned by Junior Johnson in 1978.


This is a promotional cardboard display featuring, left right, David Pearson, Bobby Allison and Harvey Gant.


This car was driven by Dale Earnhardt in 1980.


Tim Flock's car from the 1950's.


Driven by Fred Lorenzen in the sixties


Richard Petty's Talladega from 1969.


Rusty Wallace's first car.

No comments: