Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Ramblin' Guy

I did something I hadn't done in a while last night. I hung out in a bar and had a few drinks. Met a friend around 9:30 after work and had three Harps on tap and then went home. It was nice. For the last couple of years the only time I have entered a club or bar has been only to see live music. I used to be a bit of a bar fly in my twenties and it is nice to belly up now and then. I guess you just don't want to make a career of it.

I see that piece of crap president and his dumb-ass secretary of defense are dropping Democratic names as they defend the lies they told about going to war. Just because those democrats you quote don't have the backbone god gave an earthworm don't make your lies any more true. The most honest thing you could say, assmunch, is that you are a lying scumbag spoiled rich boy and your democratic opponents are wimpy wish washy flip floppers and none of you deserve the your elected titles. Something like that. Mmmm...anti-Bush bile.

I am still slogging my way through that Mark Twain biography by Ron Powers. Slogging is a bad choice. It's not slogging. It's just a big ole rich book that you can't fly through. It's capital.

The library had a staff day on Friday. Man, was it long. We got there at 8. It started around 8:30 and we got out of there around 4:15. Too long. It's unfortunate that they kept us sitting around listening to speakers for such a long time because a lot of what was said was interesting and helpful and motivating. It just would have been nice if they had cut out a lot of the chaff and kept us there for a reasonable amount of time. I don't want to be a negative Nancy but that's a hell of a long time to be sitting on your but passively listening to speakers. Ug.

I went for stroll this morning around 9:30. I've been trying to get back in the habit of walking a few times a week. I was being so good about that up until the last year or so. I don't know what my deal is. I think I may be fatter than I ever have been before. I'm a house. A boat. A land monster. I was really feeling the burn on that last hill today. Yikes. I thought my calves were going to blow out on me. I would be really embarrassed if I had to crawl down the sidewalk on Park Road for a quarter of a mile. At least I got to listen to the new Constantines album on the headphones. Man, I wish that band would come to town.

No comments: