Monday, September 26, 2005

Timewarner cable is a rip off

Why why why do I have only two choices for cable television in Charlotte? As a sports fan I would like to be able to watch ESPN. Right now I have Basic Service which Timewarner offers at $9.38 a month. The only way these shysters will allow me to have access to ESPN in my home is if I purchase the Standard Cable Service which costs $47.25. I don't want Animal Planet, I'll never watch Oxygen and MTV hasn't shown a music video for ten years. How many of us are shelling out twenty plus extra dollars a month for cable channels they never watch just for a select two or three they consistantly watch? It's a rip off and after contacting TimeWarner more than once I can tell they are pleased as punch with the situation. Give us some choices. It's 2005 and if they aren't giving us more control of our cable choices it's because they don't want to, not because they can't.

No comments: