Friday, September 02, 2005

Nerd time

It's not a secret that I am a KISS fan. Of course I haven't paid attention to anything they've done since the awesome reunion tour. I saw recently that the former bass player from the Bangles, Kathy Valentine, is putting out a solo album on September 6th. Ace Frehley plays a solo on the last song on the record. Here's what she had to say about Ace: On Ace Frehley: "Ace is very reclusive. That was really one of the first tracks that I did for the album. I met Ace because a friend of mine brought him to my birthday party. We hit it off. We were just hanging out and he was really such a sweetheart. He actually offered to do it. I told him that I was going into the studio in a couple of days and he offered to play on it. How often do you get a rock icon to appear on your record? I really like that he is playing on a track that is not anything like a KISS song — it is more like a BLONDIE song. He really did a great solo that is in a really different context than people are used to. Gilby and I were recording him and when he did this solo he said, 'Let me do another one.' We both said, 'No, that is the one. You got it.'"

Very cool, I think. If I had a band I'd ask Ace Frehley to come into the studio now and then.

No comments: