Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Nostaligia and rock

Sunday night the new kid at work invited me to join her and her beau at the Milestone club to see a few bands. I had been meaning to check out the reopened Milestone for a while now and I finally had a good reason to go.

I am happy to report that the Milestone is still a glorious dump with graffiti all over the walls, a barebones bar and a six-inch-high stage. I was surprised to feel nostalgiac. I was never a regular at the Milestone except for the couple of years when Penny Craver ran the place but it felt good that a club like this is now open once again. It's just the perfect place to see music and they seem to be bringing in a very eclectic line up of acts. It's not just a punk club. Heck, this Thursday Deke Dickerson and David Childers will be playing on the same night night. Either artist would be enough of a reason to go. In fact I saw Tom "Mookie" Brill as I was leaving Sunday and asked him if he was going to be there this Thursday to see Deke. Tom said "Deke's going to be here? Aw shit, I'm gonna be in Memphis on Thursday."

I hope to see someone out there I know. Hopefully you.

No comments: