Thursday, May 19, 2005

Nerd Fest '05

Last night I went to a midnight showing of the new Star Wars movie with Billy and a new friend/coworker, Beth. It was the first time I had done such a thing and it was a lot of fun. We arrived at the Stonecrest Regal cinema around 10:15 and stood around gawking at a few folks in costume and just chatted between ourselves and a few people around us. The highlight of the evening was the five teenage boys dressed up as George Lucas. Each of them was wearing a red and black flannel shirt and a pair of cutoff jeans and called each other George all night. They were killing me. At one point they even called for a "George huddle" and gathered together like a football team calling a play. I was pissed I didn't bring my camera.

The movie: Not great, not horrible. Cool action scenes, laughable dialogue. Pretty much what I expected.

No comments: