Saturday, May 07, 2005

Big Day Tomorrow

Those of you that know me are aware that I am a casual NASCAR fan. I have a few tracks where I will sit in front of the tube and watch a full race at. Tracks like Bristol, Charlotte, Richmond, the deceased Rockingham and Darlington. I have lamented the passing of Rockingham and was alarmed when Darlington lost a race leaving it with one. Earlier this year I went down to Rockingham for the last pole day there and tomorrow I am going with Chris to the night race at Darlington. I have decided to put my money where my mouth is. Money is right, those tickets were expensive.

Around one I am going to hit the hay and try to fall asleep. Tomorrow feels a little like Christmas and, as a lifelong insomniacor, I'm sure I'll get back up and rail at the gods and demand for once they grant me sleep.

I'm taking my digital camera, of course, and I hope to come away with some cool pictures. I hope to get a few of some good rural NASCAR debauchery. I'm sure it's out there. I hope I won't have to stoop to creating it myself.

No comments: