Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Another trip to the Cafe Wha?

I've been thinking about this quote all day and all I can think of is either Tom Delay as completely flipped his top or he must have done some seriously unethical shit to get this bombastic about judges. I don't recall ever hearing about a politician so specifically singling out a Supreme Court Justice before. Maybe it happened in the past. Lots of things went of 100 years ago that don't take place these-a-days. If you haven't read it allow me to quote it hear:

"Asked if he would include any Supreme Court justices among those he considers activist and isolated, DeLay singled out Justice Anthony M. Kennedy, who was named to the court by President Ronald Reagan. "Absolutely," DeLay replied. "We've got Justice Kennedy writing decisions based upon international law, not the Constitution of the United States. That's just outrageous. And not only that, but he said in session that he does his own research on the Internet? That is just incredibly outrageous.""

I took this from the Illustrated Daily Scribble site. He did a good cartoon about the internet portion of this quote. I saw that too and wondered about it. Does this guy even remotely know what he is talking about? I almost expect him to call it "the internets." I do see where he is coming from though. No decent American would use the same tool to do legal research that can also be used to download pictures of Jesse Helms fucking sheep. That would be ludicrous. I keep hoping these nutjobs keep going over the deep end so that eventually even their supporters are going to open the paper one day and say, "What the fuck? Lesbians stole your soul? Who elected these goobers?"

No comments: