Saturday, March 19, 2005

Tears me up

As an active Marine for four years this Iraq war has been making my blood boil. Marines are, in all honesty, taught that our job is to fight and die. We fucking jump when a leader says frog and we're proud to be the first ones in and the last to leave. But when I keep hearing about all these Marines laying their lives down in Iraq and then I see that smug-ass face of our sorry ass commander in chief I get madder than when I get cut off by a 90 pound woman in a 10,000 pound SUV talking on a cell phone. Pictures like the one below are especially heart wrenching.


I get especially frustrated when my mother can't understand why, as former Marine, I don't support the war. I try to articulate why but maybe you just have to have been there to understand what your indoctrination teaches you and, as Michael Moore said in his best point in Farenheit 9/11, when you send Marines out to die it better for a good goddamn reason. Is that really too much to ask?

No comments: