Friday, February 11, 2005

The fall

If you've ever been to my place you know I kinda like to hop around. The way our living room is set up with two couches, two lounge chairs and a big glass table it doesn't offer easy passage from the living to the kitchen and the bathroom. So I like to bounce over the couch near the hallway to get to the other areas of the apartment. Recently I brought my sleeping bag into the living so I could sit under when it gets chilly and I left it sitting on the couch I bound over. As you may know sleeping bags have to sides. One side is fluffy and warm and mine has a slick surfaced exterior. Last night I took a break from gaming and was climbing back over the couch and my foot hit the slick side. I twisted my ankle and planted myself on the floor face first. I scraped my knee and slammed my right hand onto the plastic squirt gun I use to discipline cats, shattering the gun into tiny pieces, a couple of which stuck in my hand.

As I lay on the floor feeling like a fucking idiot I did a quick inventory and found that I hadn't hurt myself (other than twisting my ankle). It's been years since I have fallen that hard and it scared the shit out of me. I missed the big glass table by only a couple of inches. Yikes.

I know what you're thinking. You are saying to yourself, "how many beers had you drank before the fall, Ed?" Since I'm off today, sure, I'd had a few beers but that wasn't what caused the fall. The fall was caused by a 37 year old jumping around his apartment like he's twelve. I better slow down. I don't want to break my hip and end up in a rest home.

All I'm left with is a sore ankle and a reason to post more than a few sentances.

No comments: