Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Ug Umgowa

I've said before and I'll say it again. Being sick sucks balls. Sometimes you get one of those annoying little colds and you might take a day off from work so you DON'T INFECT YOUR CO-WORKERS (what a novel idea!) but this time I felt myself getting sick so I left work early and prepared myself for a day or two of respite and heavy snot flow. The virus had other plans. That motherfucker laid me out for about three days. You know that sensation of having to cough but not wanting to because when you do it feels like someone is shoving a chainsaw down your throat? Yeah, I had that. Thank god I had about 1/3 of season 2 of Futurama to watch. I was incapable of doing anything other than watching the tube and daytime TV is truly shit when you have basic basic cable.

For the first time I watched a few minutes of the Teletubbies. That is some spooky-ass shit. I saw that during my especially dazed period so I'm not sure if what I saw was real. I even watched a little of Jerry Springer for the first time in years. There's nothing new I can say about that show except its standard of shittiness has not changed in the couple of years since the last time I saw it.

But I feel better now. Now I'm just stuffed up and will cough for a week. My four days of misery did work in the favor of my kitties. Every time I went under I woke up covered in cats.

New Music

Recently I realized that I haven't really been doing any music exploration. Two bands I've come across in the last week that have me intrigued: The Fiery Furnaces and TV on the Radio. I've downloaded a few tracks and a couple of purchases may be in order.

No comments: