Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Good to see you guys

Monday night I tuned in to the Tonight Show for the first time in a mighty long time because I heard that Don Rickles and Bob Newhart were going to appear together so they could pay tribute to Carson. I can't tell you how thrilled I was to not only see those two geniuses together but, not only that, I was doubly thrilled that they came out and were funny. Rickles is a great storyteller and he is still the absolute master of the one liner. Newhart may be one of the best storytellers in the world and it's too bad that you can only see them on the tube every year or so. Man, that was a good twenty minutes of television. They told stories about appearing on the Tonight Show and expressed their love of Carson and just totally took the show over while they were out there. I didn't stop smiling the whole time.

No comments: