Wednesday, June 30, 2004

The day I understood Bruce Springsteen

One time on a road trip to Michigan my family and took a detour off of the interstate and drove for a few hours through the center of Ohio. We ended up driving through a mid-sized town whose name I forget. I do remember there was a nice sized river cutting through the town with a few steel bridges crossing it. It was one of those rivers with steep banks that offers cover for parties. In the middle of this town was a high school that looked big enough to allow all the of the kids from the town to attend. Across the street there was a large plant of some kind that probably employed a majority of the town. It was late spring and I noticed that someone had spray painted "forever young" on the side of the school. It was like getting hit with a brick.

No comments: