Tuesday, January 06, 2004

When I work till nine

I know I have mentioned before how much I love working from noon until nine. Just in case you forgot I love it because I am a night person and like to sleep until nine every morning and rush hour is a word not associated with getting to work at noon or going home at nine.

From where I am sitting I can see cars and fucking SUV's lined up on a crescent shaped intersection as they try to merge form Morrison Blvd onto Colony. The sun is setting and the top halves of the leafless trees are red and fiery and the bottoms be gray and ashy. Tail lights glow like the devil's eyes and the angry drivers feel their blood pressure rise.

Not me, you sucks, I'm sitting in a library listening to my co-workers discussing films and books under the gentle hum of our air conditioner. Enjoy your 45 minute drive home!

No comments: