Thursday, December 18, 2003

Mmmm...shrimp

One of my favorite foods is shrimp. I love shrimp, especially steamed shrimp. I avoid deep fried shrimp since the time I went to one of those South Carolina grease factories and had all you-could-eat shrimp. My digestive system revolted later that night. It was horrible.

Last night I was chatting with the wise and knowing Beth and we were discussing our favorite foods. I mentioned my taste for shrimp and that I needed to buy a steamer so I could make shrimp at home. She suggested that I buy a metal collander and boil water in a pan with the collander full of shrimp above.

Today I went to Target to see if I could find one that would fit my need. They had just what I needed and I bought a new frying pan since the one now in my kitchen garbage can no longer had a handle. It's a bitch to make an omelete with a frying pan that has no handle, believe me.

Just a few minutes ago I finished my meal of steamed shrimp and turkey kielbasa, 2/3 of a low country broil. I checked a recipe website and learned that you merely steam the shrimp until they turned pink. I did and it only took about three minutes. Who knew that making shrimp was so dang easy? I bought enough at the Teeter (half off!) to allow myself to do this again tomorrow night.

No comments: