Monday, December 08, 2003

Car? You betcha

I have been without a car for over a year. The first nine months were freeing and it was interesting to live without a vehicle. The last six months have kinda sucked.

Saturday I went to see a guy about a car. This guy is Palestinian and he used to date my mom. He has a small car repair shop on North Tryon Street and he also buys, repairs and sells cars. I am getting a 1989 Honda Civic. I decided to take a chance and buy an older car I can pay off completely in a few months rather than bind myself to a new car or a more recent used car. Heck, if I can get this baby to last two years it will be worth it.

I am picking it up on Wednsday and will spend all day Friday trying to get my driver's license.

Savannah GA, here I come. I hope she missed me as much as I missed her. I haven't seen a live oak in over two years.

No comments: