Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Going to work at noon

For the last four years at my old job I worked one night a week and the night I worked for the last few years was Thursday. Generally us library employees don't like working Thursday nights because when you have a Friday off for a long weekend after working the previous weekend it shortens that long weekend by 3 1/2 hours because you are going home at 9:00 instead of 5:30.

I like working the noon to nine shift because I am a night person. At my new job we work two nights a week. My two nights are the best two you can get: Monday and Tuesday. I have mentioned working three nights to my new boss and she said she will consider it. I think it's because there are a couple of my co-workers that would rather not work two nights. We'll see how that develops.

So right now I am listening to the Mike Collins show on WFAE and Henry Louis Gates is his guest and at 10:00 I get to listen to the first hour of the Diane Rehm show. I am preparing to fix me up a nice big breakfast also. The days I work at noon are the only days during the work week that I have a chance to make a nice fat breakfast of eggs and hashbrowns. Days like tomorrow when I work at 8:30 I'll be lucky to get there on time let alone take the time to make a nice breakfast. I love working at noon.

No comments: