Friday, October 10, 2003

Why I'm losing interest

I admit it, I like racin.' Here's a quote by Humpy Wheeler from an article in the Charlotte Observer that 'splains pretty well why I am losing interest in Winston Cup.

"but Lowe's Motor Speedway president H.A. "Humpy" Wheeler thinks the sport's growth has changed some of the basic aspects of the culture within the drivers' fraternity.

"I had a Winston Cup driver of some prominence who told me he'd never even met some of his fellow drivers," Wheeler said. "Granted, he hasn't been around all that long, but these days the drivers' meeting and driver introductions before the race are about the only times these guys ever get together. Those are just fleeting moments.""

It also is a pretty good explanation as to why I spent so much time at the dirt track in Lancaster, SC this summer.

No comments: