Saturday, October 04, 2003

Ahem...

Being human the only way we can avoid public executions is to not have executions.

I thought about that when Wendell and I were discussing the alleged suicide attempt during the metal band Hell on Earth's upcoming show. Did it already take place? I forgot to check the time. I started to think about execution and how state-sponsored killing is really just as bad as what the band proposed. I find it funny that the same people who support the death penalty are probably the most vehemently against this stunt. From a Reuters' report: "Florida Gov. Jeb Bush also denounced the band's plans and said band members might be prosecuted under a state law banning assisted suicide."

Whether it's a stunt or real I am interested in our reaction.

What does it mean that I can't get to their site right now?

No comments: