Friday, September 26, 2003

Heads up

I was standing at the bus stop this morning quietly chuckling to myself while reading "Stupid White Men" my Michael Moore. I glanced up for a second to see if the bus was coming down the hill and I saw a black Range Rover with both its tires over the white line. It's front end is pointed right at me and all I can think is, "fuck" and "Jesus!" and "better ways to die." The driver corrects and the Range Rover completes the turn and does not splatter me all over the new concrete bus stop.

Naturally I attempted to get a good look at the driver as the SUV goes by and I see it is a borderline anoerexic woman with black hair cut in a severe modern style. She's wearing big bugeye sunglasses and she is...talking on her fucking cell phone. I hope she crashed into a gas truck later and died in a fire. She was driving around a sloping curve at around 45 mph in a 35 mph zone in an unstable SUV while talking on the telephone. Her arrogance is almost as breathtaking as the site of an SUV grill coming right at you.

No comments: