Saturday, August 23, 2003

What a long strange banana it's been

I know I've mentioned this before but when I moved to Charlotte in 1990 there was a great club called the 13-13. It was an old warehouse on South Blvd with a plywood bar, scary bathrooms and a great sound system.

Some of the best shows I saw there were three shows by the Dead Milkmen over a period of a couple of years. They were a tight band and they were funny. Their shows also featured the friendliest pits in the world. No one tried to take anyone out and people helped each other up when they fell. It was more like recess than a rock show.

I was doing some surfing and came across a picture of the band from this summer. They broke up a while ago but I guess they got together to do some voiceovers for a video they are releasing.

No comments: