Wednesday, August 20, 2003

Poprocket

Last night I went and saw one of my favorite local bands called Poprocket. I don't want to get too enthusiastic about them since I haven't seen them in way too long of a time. If I liked them so much I would have seen them more in the last year. I feel kind of band about not seeing them because I know it doesn't take a very large crowd to make a local band's day and I should support bands like Poprocket which I think are playing music that is unique and special.

Last night was interesting because there really weren't very many people in the bar but most of the people there were there to see the band. Poprocket played a quick and very tight 30 minute electric set. That was cool because they were supposed to play acoustic but the guitarista and singer, Jay Garrigan, broke a string on his acoustic right before they were to start the show. He said, fuck it, and they played an electric set which is what I wanted to see anyway.

Near the end of the set a small group of young whoo-girls came through and almost drowned the band out. Jay appeared to turn his amp up, either that or he was adjusting the sound. It did seem to get louder. Jay was supposed to play an acoustic solo set later in the night but more whoo-girls came in after the band ended and I had to get the hell out of there. They were giving me a headache and upsetting my stomach.

No comments: