Monday, August 25, 2003

The Fox's fifth Birthday Bash

Several years ago, around 1991 or 1992, the classic rock station in town called "The Fox" had a concert at the region's largest outdoor venue called Blockbuster Pavillion. I don't remember who all they had playing. It was a bunch of acts I wouldn't bother seeing now but I wasn't as sophistomocated as I am now. Stevie Nicks was there along with the band that does "Born to be Wild." It's one of the few concerts that I have been to that I can recall nothing about it that was interesting. Good thing we snuck in liquor.

I went with my friend, Jeff, and my then girlfriend Maria. Jeff snuck in schnapps and I snuck in whiskey. We both got bored and, while sitting in the hotting sun, we drank too much. Maria told me she never wanted me to drink whiskey again because I yelled at girls and Jeff threw up and passed out.

After sleeping for about an hour and a half Jeff woke up, cleaned off his face and looked like he wasn't sure where he was. He didn't really wake up, he kinda blinked and looked confused. Like a mummy coming to life in the middle of a museum. A couple of young women were sitting behind me and one of them called to me, "Hey, Hey!" I turned around and said, "Yeah?"

She said, rather snottily, "Tell your friend that the next time he comes here to bring a mattress so he can sleep better."

I laughed and turn to Jeff and repeated what she said. Jeff was laying on his stomach, raised his head, gave her the finger and said, "Up yours, baby." He then laid his head back down.

I almost died laughing and that girl didn't say another word.

No comments: