Friday, August 01, 2003

Daily Show

Last night Wendell and I watched the
Daily Show for the first time in a couple
of weeks last night. For those of you
that don't know this show is hosted
by John Stewart and is broadcast
Monday through Thursday on Comedy
Central.

In my opinion it is consistantly the funniest
show on television right now. Last night
they covered the press conference by Bush
and just ripped him a new asshole on national
TV. It was brilliant, biting and laugh-out-loud
funny. I was on the couch howling. I know
the public speaking ability of our embarrassing
president is pretty easy material but, dang, it
sure was funny.

I don't have a lot to say about this show, I am
not a media critic and don't have the vocabulary
to articulate the particulars of good comedy but
if by some happenstance anyone who is associated
with the show comes across this blog let me say
that there is nothing on television right now that
makes me laugh non-stop for ten minutes. You
guys are brilliant.

No comments: