Wednesday, April 23, 2003

Yeah, but what about shows that sucked?

OK, fine. In no particular order...

- Alice in Chains at the Lollapolooza headlined by Primus. God, were they boring.

- Steve Miller and Paul Rodgers at Blockbuster Pavillion. Ended up getting drunk because the music was so dreadful

- Blues Traveler playing after Lenny Kravitz at the Horde Festival. After Lenny killed the crowd the show was over.

- Paul Kantner at a now defunk downtown Charlotte club. Bad 80's rock in the mid nineties.

- Ringo Starr and his All-Star Band. We booed Ringo and demanded more Joe Walsh.

- A local shoe-gazing band I won't mention that I went to see a few times just because a girl wanted to go.

- Every single artist at the WRFX, The Fox 5th Birthday Bash.

- Luna at the Tremont Music Hall. If there had been mattresses I would have gone to sleep.

I'm sure there are more but I think I blotted them from my memory.

No comments: