Wednesday, April 09, 2003

unbecoming giddiness

I saw a video of the prez yesterday as he was describing the fingers of Saddam's power were weakening on the figurative throat of the Iraqi people. I swear, he looked about to burst. He looked like a high school freshman wide receiver that caught a touchdown pass while scrimaging against the varsity. I don't know if I have ever seen someone so happy that he didn't completely fuck up.

"Low" by David Bowie

I was listening to this album on the bus this morning. The second half is moody electronic music. It really fit the scene of a cold and soggy mid spring morning that had the chill of fall. The thought came to me that Bowie had created music that really was only fit to use in a soundtrack of a movie that needed music for a scene where you were showing junkies shooting up in a mansion or an expensive hotel.

No comments: