Saturday, February 01, 2003

Space Shuttle

On this day when seven astronauts perished my first informant managed to confuse me. We have a librarian here named Shaara. Martin came in and said "the shuttle is missing." I heard "Shaara is missing." I had a mental image of our co-worker fleeing the building. I wondered, how could Shaara be missing? If she's not in the building woudn't someone have seen her leave? If she wasn't seen leaving the building and she is missing why is Martin back here telling us when he should probably be calling security? It turns out his news was more serious than a missing co-worker. We lost seven more astronauts. Exploration is a dangerous profession.

Of course if these people died due to possible neglect then what do we do? There's risk and then there is danger.

No comments: