Thursday, December 12, 2002

You were always so close and still within reach

Throughout my library career I have been utilized for one thing: Heavy Equipment. When you work in an environment that is 90% chicks then when there is a box to be lifted or a book high on shelf to reach who do you think they call? That's right, the tall guy with long arms. I'm not complaining, it makes me feel strong and useful.

Just today, boss lady was looking for a yardstick to fish out some papers that had fallen behind her desk. I volunteered to reach them and did with a little grunting and balancing up on one leg while reaching behind the desk. As Dave Letterman used to say, "I have the strength of ten men." Ten men with polio but it's still ten men.

Testify, brother man!

I saw that today President Bush made an announced that Trent Lott may have not said the smartest thing when he made that comment about Strom Thurmon and his past nigra hatin' policies. Oops, wait a second, them guys were never anti-black they were just pro-white. Such a brave move by our president to come out say that racism is wrong. Quote "Every day our nation was segregated was a day that America was unfaithful to our founding ideals." Was segregated? When's the last time this guy drove through Royston, GA, Detroit, MI?

No comments: