Friday, November 22, 2002

Can't you smell that smell?

Mmmm, the bus. What a great device in which to contain the various aromas exuded by us human folk. Today I sat behind two middle-aged ladies. One wore what appeared to be a wig with a bowl-cut design and the other was drenched in my what I hold most dear, cheap perfume. Before my sinuses could completely close up a middle aged man got on the bus and sat next to the smelly lady. He smelled like old newspapers. Fortunate for me his old newspaper aroma soaked up the perfume of the lady next to him. Eventually the two smells cancelled each other out and I could go on jamming to the Streets album Original Pirate Material in peace.

Who's that knockin' on my door?

Another question I have been asked a lot is, what's the dumbest thing you have seen on television lately? Well, since I haven't come across any Anna Nicole Smith episodes during random flipping, I would have to say the dumbest television program I have seen recently would be the Victoria's Secret Fashion Special. I have to admit I was mesmerized for about 2-3 minutes by the preternaturally perfect bods of the superduper models. After the initial shock wore off it got boring real fast. I love that they actually referred to this T&A display as a fashion show. I guess if Sports Illustrated can pretend that their swimsuit issue is fashion then this Victoria Secret crap was fashion also. Why must we sit through these sterilized euphemisms on the tube? They need to just start showing people fucking.

No comments: