Wednesday, November 27, 2002

And it ain't on no rich kid's road map

I was looking for an online topography maps and came across a site that had them. Let's have fun with topo maps now. If you click here you will see a map of Leelanau County, MI. Look at the palm of your right hand. Leelanau County is in the tip of the pinky. ANYWAY, on this topo map you will see a red cross in the middle of the map. That is one of the highest places in the county. It's a big hill with a lone maple tree at the top of it. I used to walk through the ten acres of hardwood my parent's owned, exit onto a field and walk up this hill and sit beneath the maple tree. I would face north as I sat and Lake Michigan would actually stretch across the horizon. I could sit there and watch freighters move above the trees.

No comments: