Friday, October 25, 2002

Yikes

Umm, ever been in a situation where you have absolutely no idea what is going on and you are all alone? Help! I'm in the Carolina Room!! The Carolina Room is the 'brary's genealogical and local history library. One of the ladies that works here passed out a short while ago and here I am, waiting for one of the regular staff members to come bail me out. Please, god, don't bring in a busload of old people from Georgia in here to trace their Carolina heritage.

Mr. Cannon, the library director, just walked by and laughed at me. He knows I have no idea what's going on in here. At least the queer homeless guy with a chip on his shoulder that was listening to gospel music at the listening station has left. He was circling the desk while railing against the cops and one of his former restaurant supervisors. According to him, he grew up tough. What does that mean anyway? He assured me that "he tells it like it is" which is refreshing in this euphemism-filled world.

OK, I'm back in telref where it's safe. It wasn't so bad up there. I think the air is different on the third floor.

Just now said to Shouting Deaf Man by Barbara: Prose poetry can be very powerful, you don't have to rhyme.

No comments: