Wednesday, September 04, 2002

Another reason to hate the recording industry

I was going to add this rant to my michaelspasm article but I had sent in a few updates already and I don't want to stress him out.

Anyway, how many CD's do you buy a month? I know there are some wackos out there that buy ten or more but I usually limit my purchases to about 4 a month. I usually buy less. More like one a payday. Now, how many CD's do you pirate a month? Way more than 4 if you are any good. So, if you only buy 4 cd's a month and pirate 30, how is the recording industry losing money? You are actually building more interest and will, in the long run, spend more money on shows and CD's. If I buy 4 and pirate 30, I am merely getting more involved. Sounds like a good reason to lower prices to a reasonable level and another way the industry is twisting words.

Lunch sighting

A guy who's voice sounded like a transistor radio turned up too loud.

No comments: