Thursday, August 29, 2002

Why is it so hard for me to go to bed?

OK, I am a night person but lately I have been pushing it. I don't know why I can't get to bed at a decent hour. I am not talking about insomnia. I will sit in front of the computer the damn TV or even play a little guitar with Super W. Anything at all in order to avoid going to bed. The infuriating thing is when I finally hit the sack I will grab whatever book I am reading at play some tunes and read read read. Or at least try to read read read. Usually I will have postponed the reading reading reading until it is late and I am tired and want to sleep sleep sleep. It's stupid and it drives me crazy. I manage to piss myself off nightly.

Tonight, as god is my witness, I will be in my room before midnight with a book and/or notepad in my hand.

Speaking of reading. I have an American Heritage Dictionary which I keep within reach of my reading chair/bed/park bench. I often mispronounce words and I think it is a direct result of defining words to myself in context when I was a middle schooler. It took me a long time to admit I may actually need to use a dictionary. Vanity, I guess.

Read on the bus: Dealing in Futures by Joe Haldeman (short stores)
Listened to on duy bus Dreamland by Robert Plant (if you like Plant even a little bit you must hear the version of Hey Joe on this album.)

More...

I foundthis interesting BBC country profile at fark.

No comments: