Thursday, August 22, 2002

Charlton Heston

I know we were all saddened by Charlton Heston's recent announcement that is brain will slowly be exiting the building. It caused me to be concerned with his safety. I hope they install trigger locks on his gun collection soon. We don't want any unfortunate mishaps. He might forget to unload a pee shooter before cleaning the damn thing.

Stranger in a Strange Land

No not me, I mean the classic novel by Robert Heinlein. Notice I didn't called it science fiction or SCI-FI or SF or any other meaningless designation. I am reading it again. It's one of those books you go back to occasionally. We all have them. I know that Bookpimp reads "The Happy Hooker" every two years and the One Big Loud Guy reads the "North Carolina Driver's Manual" every Thursday. The reason I mention the book is that it gives me the oddest dreams. I am not going to go into the plot of the book since it is a novel and all good novels take too long to describe but it's both spiritual and satirical and funny as hell and I am at the point in the book I might start to have funny dreams. Not as funny as those whoppers Super Wendell describes but strange enough to disturb me and cause me to wake up mumbling.

No comments: